Fédération Internationale de Pétanque et Jeu Provençal
Pétanque & Jeu Provençal
Website : www.fipjp.org
The F.I.PJ.P. (Petanque) was founded in 1958 in Marseille, France, by the Federations of Belgium, Monaco, Switzerland, France and Tunisia. The first president was French as is the current President French Claude Azema.
Petanque is played on every type of ground. The metal balls know as Boules have a diameter of between 70,5 mm and 80 mm and weight of 650 gram (min) and 800 gram (max). The jack is made of wood and has a diameter of 30mm (tolerance: + or – 1mm).
The aim of the game is to get your boules as close to the jack as possible. It is possible to shoot or hit the opponent’s boule both directly, without touching the ground or by rolling a boule along the ground to hit the target boule.
The player has to play his game standing with both feet on the ground inside a circle that has a diameter of 35 to 50 cm.
There also exists a special competition of Precision Shooting.
|Karel DOHNAL||Czech Republic|
|Arbitration Commission Rules and Regulations||Yvon LAURENS||France|
||Jean Pierre CERVETTI||France|
|Technical & Training Commission
- Drawing competition - Boules Sport 2024
- Training stage of educators
- Chinese delegation stay in France
- Boules Sports in World Tafisa Games
- The boules present in Tafisa World Games in Indonesia
- 35th OCA General Assembly
- Visit Claude Azéma in India
- Visit to I.O.C in Lausanne (Switzerland)
- Joint the venture !
- 15th World Championships Petanque Youth and Women in Thailand